Friday 6 April 2012

My real life with Leukemia





Yes I have disease. I have always been semi- closed off so it is hard for me to say this in person to a lot of people.

Every time I tried to tell you about my Leukemia story, I not have the audacity to tell you about it. So I decided to tell you in my Blog.

It was the end of October 2000,   when I started to fell unwell. I am of people who do not prefer nap, but in this period were Many times I needed it. Also at that time seemed small red spots on my body, initially predicted sensitivity and I did not care about it. After several days I was playing in the school with my cousin, she beating my hands and large red spot appeared on my hand. When I came back from the school my father took me to the hospital to know what I suffer from it. When I went to the hospital the doctor sent me for blood test. After half an hour the blood result appeared, the doctor sends me to children’s clinic in the next day. In the next day my father took me from school and we went to the hospital. When we went o the doctor the doctor said we should go to Al Qasimi hospital for more test and make sure that I did not suffer from any disease. As well as, when I went to Al Qasimi hospital and conducted the necessary test, they decided to send me to Tawam hospital in Al Ain. An ambulance took me to Al Ain. Next morning I entered the operating room to have "A bone marrow biopsy". The next day the doctor said for my parents this bad news that I had Acute Myeloid Leukemia (A.M.L). I was taken straight to the Chemo therapy ward for one month on Tawam hospital after this month I went to U.S to complete the treatment and to have bone marrow transplant in Johns Hopkins hospital; my sister was the donor for bone marrow. In the beginning of 2001 I had my first bone marrow transplant. After difficult 7 months in U.S I am back to UAE with good news I am cured of the Leukemia.

After 6 months on bone marrow transplant new symptoms started to appear in my body. When I went to the hospital and the doctor check me he said that the Leukemia has returned to me and I should be back to U.S. In 2002 I had my second bone marrow transplant in MD Anderson Cancer Center


It will be 10 years on the May since I had my second transplant, I did make friends whilst in the hospital, and unfortunately they are
no longer with us. I am one of the Lucky ones. I give my thanks to a wonderful and caring parents and family for the support they gave me. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks God you are healthy and with us today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks God...You are lucky really

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a really brave person to handle all of this pain and still smile everyday like nothing happened and it is a relief that you are with us today, so thanks to your caring and supporting parents for giving you the chance to live normally and for giving us the chance to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masha'allah, You look gorgeous and healthy Hana. No one can wonder what you have been through and what is behind your beautiful smile. I really appreciate your strong determined personality. Thanks to Allah for granting you with great, supportive and loving parents and God is willing to bless you with perfect heath always, Insha'alla. I really feel great and deeply honored to meet you Hana , Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete