Tuesday 29 May 2012

Web 2.0 practical projects



Information Management system (IMS) is one of the courses that I have been studying at this semester. For this course we completed three different projects. One of this projects that we had done it is Web 2.0 practical projects. In this project we should choose one tool from Web 2.0 and make a training session for our classmate about how to use this tool, because most of us didn't heard about these tools before or it was the first time to use it. The second project in this course is to create our own  GooglSite , where this  Site  includes 13 different Web 2.0 tools with some information and description about how we use these tools in our daily life for College Projects or other things. As well, we have created this blog to post something that attracts our attention or our daily reflections.


So in this post I will talk about my reflection   for 13 different Web 2.0 tools:

1.Blog: Actually is a very easy and helpful tool to use which I used to post my weekly or daily reflection, interested articles or videos for my (IMS) course. Also in these tools I can follow my friends, comment in their posts and know more about my friends. In addition, it allows my friends to know more about me and thinks that I’m interesting on. 

2.Facebook: Is one of the tools that I haven’t found it useful and it is not attract my attention. 

3.Gmail : I make it my formal email, because it unlimited space and speed. Also it has more feature than other mail software. furthermore,  I used because it more organized than other program where I can use label to stay organized.

4. Social Bookmarking ( Delicious ): I like to use delicious because it help me to share and save my favorite links, photo, blog or article with my friends and family. In addetion,  it helps me to share my research source and articles for Industry project course with my colleagues.

5.GooglCalendar :  I make it my formal Calendar to Organize my college projects and special events, because it so organized. As well I can share my  Calendar  with my friends and family members. Also I can view other calendar that I am interest in it such as Islamic Holiday calendar and add it to my calendar. 

6.GooglChrome : Is my default browser for everything, I like to use Google Chrome Browser because it has a high –speed internet in terms of web browsers and also it has many features.

7. Google Docs : Before I did not know how to use  Google Docs  to share my project work with my group members. But now I always use  Google Docs  to share my work with my colleagues because it makes life easy. Also instead of losing time in edit and re-send the documents to my friends,  Google Docs  work to update the file directly whenever I change and add something to it. 

8.Google Earth  : In my real life I have used  Google Earth  to get the direction for some location, search for my favorite location and create a place mark with photo and some description about some places in countries I have visited. It is a very helpful tool and has many features. 

9.GooglPicasa  and  Picasa Web : I like to use it since I don’t know how to use Photoshop, so because of that I use GooglPicasa  to edit and organize my photo. Also this tool provides the time and effort.

10.Google Reader  (  RSS  Feeds ):  Google Reader  makes my life easy so I can view all update for my favorite’s website in one site. Consequently instead of visiting ten websites and checking them individually, I log into Google Reader, it tells me which of the websites have updated, and what they updated with, and I can view the new content, either in Reader, or go to the website.

11.GooglSearching : People cannot live without GooglSearching and I’m one of them, because it is a very useful tools and very easy tool to use. As well this tool provides the time and effort. In my real life I use  GooglSearching every day for my College Project and other searching.

12.GooglSite : I have  create Site  for my (MIS) course to share with you the different Web 2.0 Tools and how I used them in my daily life for College Project or other things. I think it is a very easy way to create your own site, because you can create your site in few minutes. As well it save your money, because it is a free tool. 

13.Twitter : I don’t use it a lot, because I don’t interesting in social media tools.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment